Tehran municipality's welfare, services, and social partnerships organization has been operating since 2009 with the following goals:
- Supporting the creation and organization of the activities of non-governmental organizations related to urban issues to participate in social and cultural activities based on the population needs of the city.
Promoting the culture of citizenship and attracting increased participation and cooperation of citizens in the desired management of the city
- Supporting, cooperating, and participating in the quantitative and qualitative development of social welfare based on the population needs of the city.
- Helping to organize social harms and supporting preventive strategies to prevent them from occurring in vulnerable groups and the groups that are exposed to harm with the approach of empowering the target community.
- Supporting the necessary infrastructure for creating and developing entrepreneurship in Tehran with the approach to empowering entrepreneurs.
- Supporting the development of urban tourism, quantitative and qualitative improvement of leisure activities of Tehran citizens
Duties and Authorities
- Planning to support the establishment and development of non-governmental organizations related to urban management and how Tehran municipality interacts with the mentioned non-governmental organizations within the framework of relevant laws and regulations and with the cooperation of all relevant legal institutions.
- Planning to support social, counseling, psychological, supportive, preventive and supportive services for injured and vulnerable people to reduce social harms by using the capacities of the private sector and relevant civil organizations, as well as cooperating of all government institutions that are responsible in this case.
- Planning to support the development of counseling, educational, and rehabilitation centers in the social and cultural fields required by citizens with the coordination and cooperation of all relevant government and civil institutions.
- Trying to attract and provide the necessary credits and facilities from the banking system and credit institutions approved by the municipality in coordination with the municipality of Tehran within the framework of duties and authorities, programs, and the annual budget approved by the organization within the framework of relevant laws and regulations.
- Investing and sharing with competent natural and legal people in association with the promotion of urban development plans and accordance with the subject of the organization's activities in coordination with the investment and public participation organization of Tehran municipality within the framework of relevant laws and regulations.
- Planning to support and organize job groups at risk in Tehran with the coordination and cooperation of all relevant authorities and within the framework of relevant laws and regulations.
- Performing transactions and concluding necessary contracts concerning the subject of the organization's activities within the framework of relevant laws and regulations.
- Planning to support the creation and development of entrepreneurship centers at various local and regional levels and promoting entrepreneurial culture through cooperation and interaction with all relevant governmental, public, and civil institutions, especially the use of private sector capacity in Tehran.
- Planning to identify and develop the capacities of tourism and urban tourism as well as executive support for the optimal use of existing capacities and related executive programs in the contexts of culture, art, religion, and leisure in Tehran in connection with urban tourism in coordination with all government, non-government and civil institutions, especially the Cultural Heritage and Tourism Organization of Tehran province.
Tehran Municipality Welfare, Services & Social Participation Organization due to its goals and social responsibilities has taken necessary steps for preventing the spread of Covid 19 in its target group. All these steps are in accordance with Covd 19 Protocols.